A Standards Based Approach to Comfort with Co-Owners
Our PlumCertified process ensures that each co-owner in our community has met 4 specific standards.
- No Felonies
- Not on Sex Offender Registry
- 740+ Credit Score (Very Good or Exceptional)
- Validation of Liquid Assets (equal to ownership share being considered)
The first two criteria are obvious. You want to be able to engage with each other safely, and third party certification of not having committed a felony or being on a sex offender registry helps establish that confidence.
Financially, we believe that having a 740+ Credit Score and liquid capital commensurate with the ownership share of the considered property range provides a good indication of your ability to participate in co-ownership. It is important to note that this is not a guarantee that you will find a match, that you can afford co-ownership, or that you will receive financing from a lender. It simply is a safety check to make sure that co-owners can engage one another knowing that they are speaking with someone who has met certain standards.
How it Works
Becoming PlumCertified is easy.
- Purchase a PlumCertified Assessment for an individual or a couple.
- We’ll send you a link to our partner, PeopleTrail, for a background check.
- Once we’ve verified that you’ve passed the first three criteria above, we’ll ask you to securely upload proof of liquid assets (typically in the form of a bank statement PDF).
- Once we’ve verified that you’ve passed all four tests, we’ll reflect your PlumCertified status on your profile.
We’re here to help, every step of the way. If you need assistance, feel free to use our online chat (see bottom right), call us, or use our contact us form!